Thursday, October 20, 2011

"Arbres per na Cati" - Anegats

Song: Arbres per na Cati
Artist: Anegats
Album:
Mons diferents (2005)

"Trees for Cati"

Anonymous in the big city, I am writing a poem.
My sister is getting married and I want to give her a present.
Maybe a melody that lasts forever,
That reminds her that, in every moment of weakness,

I will recite for her, if she wants, Lo Pi de Formentor*
And I will animate if she falls: "Go on! Be strong!"

Sail, ship made of love and youthful hopes.
If bad swell and arguments blow to a bad port,
I'll send you, if you want, a branch of the almond tree,
so that you make a white flag from the flowers.

You will sail far ahead of me, and you two will hide from me
the seaweed that both of you will pull up if you have anchored
Chain that threads itself through where it is best to float,
Chain that leads me to the anchor of missing.

I will sing to you, if necessary, glosses from a time gone by
So that from the grunting trunk the olive tree rebels
and if the day has no sun, orange leaves,
so that they warm the craddle of true love.

*1875 poem by the Mallorcan poet Miquel Costa i Llobera



Listen to excerpt (amazon.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment